This was a quick dinner I made myself last week and I could not have been more thrilled with it. The textural intrigue provided by the shredded salad, combined with the peppery dressing is a fabulous accompaniment for the classic garlic-butter prawn combo.
- Garlic Cloves
- Red Cabbage
- Yellow Pepper
- Any other salad-suitable veggie you desire
- Olive oil
- Shred your vegetables using a cheese grater, squeeze out the excess moisture and combine in a bowl. The ratios are up to you, of course.
- In a bowl combine the dressing ingredients. Around 3 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp vinegar and half a teaspoon each of the spices was about right for me, but test and adjust to your liking.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a pan and gently cook a chopped garlic clove for a minute or two. Add the prawns and some chopped dill, and continue frying until cooked through.
- Toss the salad in the dressing, plate and top with the prawns.