I ummed and ahhed about whether to call this a salad or a cocktail, and I’m still not convinced I went with the right choice. I think the fact that it’s about 60% greens (despite appearances) settled it. That, and a rare decision to distance myself from 70s dinner parties.
Whatever you call it, it is still delicious. Tangy cocktail mixed with refreshingly cool cucumber and smooth, creamy avocado. I also found that serving it within the avocado skin was delightfully kitsch…only a little bit tacky.
- Large avocado
- Handful of cooked, cool prawns
- Red Pepper
For the sauce
- In a bowl combine ketchup and mayonnaise at around a 1:4 ratio. Grate in a generous amount of lemon zest and a squeeze of the juice, then mix in a teaspoon or so of paprika. The exact amount you make it down to you – the portion size you see filled one large avocado.
- Loosely chop your prawns and cube the red pepper and cucumber. Add to the mix and combine well.
- Slice your avocado into large chunks and add to the sauce, stirring gently so as to not mash it.
- Serve inside the avocado skin with a sprinkling of feta, lemon zest and paprika.