Summer is here and it’s a time for bright, fresh flavours eaten out on the patio, handheld food good for socialising with a beer in the other hand. These fish tacos have a gorgeous shine to them that could only be more summery if they were served by a dolphin wearing a floral garland. The citrusy notes of the mayo and coleslaw perfectly balance the flaky, delicate fish.
- White fish – cod or bass etc.
- Olive oil
- Chilli Flakes
- Soft Corn Tortillas
For the Coleslaw and Sauce
- Red Cabbage
- Tomato Ketchup
- Lemon Juice
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Drizzle the fish with a little oil, crushed garlic clove, and sprinkling of chilli flakes and dill. Let marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Wrap in a little parcel of tin foil and bake for 15 minutes or so at 180C, or according to the instructions on your particular fish. Remove and pull into chunks with a fork.
- Thinly slice a handful of red cabbage and grate some carrot. Mix in a bowl with a spoonful or two of mayonnaise, dash of ketchup, the juice and zest of a lime, and half a teaspoon of paprika.
- Mix a few spoonfuls of mayonnaise with the juice of a lemon and mix to make it thinner so it can be drizzled.
- Warm the tortillas in the oven for about 5 minutes. Prepare the salad, dish up the coleslaw and fish then drizzle over the lemon mayonnaise.